Open Identity Guard Device Secure
- Click on the ^ (up arrow) in your windows system tray. This can be located near the clock in the bottom right of your screen.
- Next, locate the Identity Guard Device Secure icon and right-click it.
- Finally, select Open Identity Guard.
- Now that you have Identity Guard Device Secure open, click "Scan for Viruses" on the left
- Select the type of scan you wish to perform:
- Smart Scan: This will scan the folders most likely to contain viruses which usually includes your desktop and downloads folder. Quicker, but not as comprehensive as a full scan.
- Full Scan: This will scan all files and folders on your computer. Takes longer than a Smart Scan, but you know no stone is left unturned.
- Scan Files or Folders: This option is used to scan specific files/folders of your choosing.
- Hit "Scan Now" when you are ready
4. After the scan is complete, Identity Guard Device Secure will let you know if it found any files with issues. If not, you are good to go!