Is Windows Defender preventing you from installing Identity Guard Device Secure? We can help.
What is Windows Defender?
Windows Defender is a basic antivirus tool built into Windows. While it may find some viruses, Identity Guard Device Secure is much more robust and doesn't slow down your computer like Windows Defender can sometimes do. You can keep Windows Defender and Identity Guard Device Secure installed on your computer at the same time but you may disable Windows Defender if you wish.
Instructions to disable Windows Defender
- Go to your start menu in the bottom left of your screen.
- Without clicking anywhere else, start typing "Windows Defender Security Center" and a search box should appear.
- Click on "Windows Defender Security Center"
- Click on "Virus & threat protection".
- Click the "Virus & threat protection settings" option.
- Turn off the "Real-time protection" toggle switch.
- Windows Defender is now disabled.